This form contains important information related to your rights to request Gateway Development Commission records. Please read it carefully.
The contact information for the Gateway Development Commission Records Access Administrator is as follows:
Records Access Administrator
Gateway Development Commission
150 Greenwich Street, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10007
* indicates required fields
Requester Information - Please Print
Requesting Access to Gateway Development Commission Records
GDC Subject Matter Records List
- The Commission shall be deemed an “agency” and treated as such under the laws of New York, for all purposes under articles 6 and 6-A of the public officers law, and shall be deemed a “public agency” and treated as such under New Jersey Open Public Records Act (OPRA), P.L.1963, c.73 (C.47:1A-1, et seq.), pertaining to the disclosure of government records.
- This form is promulgated by GDC pursuant to the GDC Public Records Access Policy and is intended to be construed consistent with the New York Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) and the New Jersey Open Public Records Act (OPRA). It is intended to facilitate requests for GDC public records and does not constitute legal advice.
- To request access to records under the terms of the GDC Act (N.J.S.A. 32:36-1, et seq. & 2019 N.Y. Sess. Laws ch. 108) and the GDC Public Records Access Policy, you must make such a request in writing and may submit the written request by one of the following means: (i) electronically via email to the email address designated for this purpose, or via Public Records Request Form or website form, as posted on the Commission’s website; (ii) by postal or private delivery at GDC’s office to the attention of the Records Access Administrator; or (iii) in person, by appointment during regular business hours, to be coordinated via email address posted on the GDC website. Your request is not considered filed until the Records Access Administrator receives the request via one of these specified delivery methods. If you submit a request to any other officer or employee of GDC, that officer or employee does not have the authority to accept your request form on behalf of GDC and you will be directed to the Records Access Administrator.
- The fees for duplication of a record, and any special service charges or other additional charges authorized by GDC Public Records Access Policy, NY FOIL or NJ OPRA, will be determined by the General Counsel in consultation with the Records Access Administrator. We will notify you of any estimated fee before any charge is incurred. Payment shall be made by cash, check or money order payable to GDC.
- You may be charged a deposit when a request for copies exceeds a certain dollar amount. The Records Access Administrator will contact you and advise you of any deposit requirements.
- Under New Jersey OPRA, a custodian must deny access to a person who has been convicted of an indictable offense in New Jersey, any other state, or the United States, and who is seeking government records containing personal information pertaining to the person’s victim or the victim’s family.
- Please consult Section III of the GDC Public Records Access Policy regarding the duties of the Records Access Administrator in responding to any request that is filed with the Commission.
- You may be denied access to a record if your request would substantially disrupt agency operations and the Records Access Administrator is unable to reach a reasonable solution with you.
- Except as otherwise provided by the GDC Public Records Access Policy, applicable law of NY or NJ, or by agreement with the requester, if the Records Access Administrator fails to comply with the time limitations described in the GDC Public Records Access Policy this shall constitute a denial of the request.
- If your request for access a record has been denied, you have a right to challenge the decision by GDC through the appeal procedures specified in Section IV of the GDC Public Records Access Policy.
- Information provided on the government records request form may be subject to disclosure under GDC Public Records Access Policy, NY FOIL or NJ OPRA.